Thursday, September 1, 2011

Keep the Styling Simple

 
I have a few projects coming up that I'll be doing the styling for, so I've been looking through my Pinterest files for inspiration and ideas. I keep coming back to the images with the most simple accessories. None of them even have flowers! And flowers are my thang when it comes to styling. I think they make every shot look better and more full of life. But it's best to even keep those simple and not fussy up the scene. As these images prove, it's important to consider what belongs in the scene and what doesn't. Unless you're styling an entertaining spread, only use items that would typically be there. A cup of coffee or a toothbrush can add just enough interest to an otherwise sterile and empty shot. In the end, you'll have a beautiful still life; essentially a work of art.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

10 comments:

  1. Very nice images to get inspired.
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, but I have a really difficult time keeping things simple. Love flowers, layers, trinkets...I need to learn restraint. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted this. I'm going for simple in a home restyling project of my own!

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was just going to say - these images seem like still life, like vermeer paintings! beautiful. have fun styling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you post pictures from your projects! I love seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I have always loved the entryway photo. So simple, yet gorgeous! P.S. I want to hear more about the chopping block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos and I am with you on the flowers!! That 2nd photo is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple is always hard for me. I try to remember Coco Chanel and remove one item before I head out or as for a room take one thing away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that knitted basket so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even I love styling the rooms with fresh flowers and leaf. It can provide a freshness to the room.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin