Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jayson, I've Got a Crush on You

Having lived in Chicago for the past two years, I am embarrassed to admit this weekend was my first trip to the wonderful world of Jayson Home and Garden. In all seriousness, this highly stylized store - filled to the brim with upholstered antiques, one-of-a-kind casegoods, and dramatic, quirky accessories - would qualify as any design junkie's paradise. Take for example this antique trunk. The perfect size and naturally distressed, how great would it be re-purposed as a coffee table or nightstand? I'm sure that's what the store owners had in mind when they styled it the way they did.

Loved this collection of antique mirrors and velvety throw pillows. Not to mention the salvaged wood walls are a nice touch!

While quite a few sofas caught my eye, it would be the Graham sofa I'd most want to take home with me. The granite-colored upholstery, shapely arms, and nailhead trim offer the perfect mix of tailored elegance and comfort.

This past weekend was the annual Jayson Flea Market. Shoppers are treated to a curated collection of antiques from Paris and Provence. Tables, chairs, couches, bookshelves, lamps, antlers, and oversized accents crowded the tent in the Jayson garden courtyard. The pair of oversized salvaged doors had my heart racing.

And then there's the Jayson Gardens... oh, what a serene, enchanting, brick-paved wonderland that is. And I am not a plant person (having never managed to keep anything alive over a week). I can't wait to see how this space transforms from one season to the next. Fingers crossed it will be brimming with Christmas trees, wreaths, and greenery in a couple months!

If you're ever in Chicago, I highly encourage a trip to this fantastic store. It's located in Lincoln Park and just a short cab from downtown.

11 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous! thanks for the inspiration.

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh. can't believe I never visited when i lived there. i guess i'll have to plan a separate trip :)

    www.reverieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE MIRROR WALL! it's so snow white!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shop their fabulous goods from afar !! Would love to visit the store.

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for coming by and taking such lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.....I didn't know Jason until just now...but I have a crush on him too!
    That large door at the flea market it awesome. I'm leaving for Proveance and Paris next week to shop with a friend for her store. WHOOO HOOO...I'm so excited...it's my first time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Jayson H&G ~ I'm surprised to hear you hadn't ventured over there until now ~ it's SO up your alley! They have the most amazing finds... We did our summer planters from their Garden and they turned out beautiful, I can't wait to see what they have in store for fall / winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, these photos are so gorgeous! They make me want to hop on the plane and check it out for myself ;)

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the link. I live in Toronto but my parent's are visiting Chicago for the first time. I'm so envious. If I was with them I'd def. want to check this store out in addition to all the other amazing things your city has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin