Thursday, November 3, 2011

LCY Decorates: My Mom's Powder Room Before/After


Last December I went into a long spiel about how I worship at the altar of carrera marble. I was desperate for my mom to include a marble washstand in her new home, and after much debate - But Alaina, where will we store the extra toilet paper rolls? - I won! So happy to show off the transformation from 1980s wallpaper and built-in cabinets to what this lovely little space is now. And I'm pleased to say the extra toilet paper and hand towels have a lovely home, nestled beneath the washstand in a wire basket.

To view the before and afters of my mom's living and dining room, click here.

*I realize the lighting is off in all the photos, but the walls are in fact grey. Who's not surprised?

20 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty! I hope she loves it. I kinda liked that wallpaper in the before but the space definitely needed updating. The vanity is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bathroom. Everything about it is so soothing right down to the wire basket that holds the toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the wire baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an insane transformation! I love it! And I'm such a fan of tp in baskets. Is that odd?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! My husband and I are currently having the "vanity vs. pedestal sink" debate, but perhaps this style is a good compromise...I love it! Love the wood floor too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah! this is amazing :) I just love redecorating places and when I walk into a house I haven't been in yet, I always think about how I can transform it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe this before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so beautiful! I love that is so simple and sophisticated at the same time. And SHEESH what a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! Classic and lovely. Your momma is so lucky! I imagine she's now fully on board with the toilet paper storage, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I'm a big fan of Carrara marble, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, love the sink, the lighting, all of it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I've said this before, but your designs are always my favorite posts! Love the way the bathroom looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks great! You both won -- you were right and now she gets an amazing bathroom. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an amazing transformation. I'm sure she loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The vanity is gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooooooooly moly what a difference!! Wonderful work :) Just fab.

    Kristina Gulino
    Something 2 Write About

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you've really lightened up the space and made it look bigger. Fantastic job Alaina! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. From dark, cramped and dated to light and elegant - with a very French accent. A lovely makeover! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful! I love the wire baskets!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin