Monday, November 28, 2011

Nesting


Cozy fireplaces, busy kitchens, flavorful spices, knit stockings, camel-colored cashmere...
it's about that time of year again. Out come the mittens, the scarves, and the warmest coats. Planned are the holiday parties, the family dinners, and the New Year's dates. Wrapped are the presents, and up goes the tree. Hibernation kicks in as the chilling temperatures prevent us from frequent trips outdoors. But there's something magical and warm about this nesting season. Something that brings people together... more game nights, movie nights, and homemade dinners in. We put my mom's tree up Friday morning and I found myself wanting to stay nestled on her couch all weekend, with the fire crackling and the tree glowing. Perfectly content in the simplicity of being at home. Warm and loved.

Photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

10 comments:

  1. I so need a pair of those cable socks- love all this cozy goodness and can't wait to meet you on Wednesday!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this nesting post, a perfect description of the magical season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the feeling I had this weekend perfectly! Can't help but love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You perfectly captured how this season feels. I love any excuse to stay in and watch movies, read by the fire and drink too much cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks look like the coziest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh this is the perfect post for me right now....I've got such a nesting fever! Love all the above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can relate to that! Those socks look so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to scratch my weekend plans and go away to a cabin now. Immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures itself provide a warm and cozy winter look. I liked the rug being used in the kitchen eventhough I prefer it in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cozy! I need to find a few pairs of those cable knit socks! I enjoy the winter months, especially with a cup of hot chocolate and a nice warm fire.:)

    Cheers,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin