Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Turn A New Leaf


This past weekend I was styling on a photo shoot with my number one girl Danielle, and we were shooting in Old Town, a charming neighborhood along the lake just north of downtown's main shopping district. To my delight, we were right around the corner from what I consider one of my top three favorite shops in Chicago. Nestled on the corner where Lincoln Avenue meets Wells Street, A New Leaf is one part flower shop, one part candles and accessories, and one part event venue. It has a kind of magical utopian feel to it, both smelling and looking like something out of a fairy tale. Every corner you turn, whether it's out on the patio or down in the lower level, there are more charming and beautiful secrets waiting to found. Spools of sparkling thread pile up in an old wooden breadmaker's bowl, 18-inch candles of every color dangle all in a row, and garden accessories stacked high yearn to be bought and filled with something beautiful. I could spend hours in this place, and I recommend any of you in the city check it out at your earliest convenience!

12 comments:

  1. We looked at this place for a wedding venue. Its absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those pictures are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think it's love at first sight! Love the candles, the ribbon, and the overall setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicago is our very favorite city, and we are coming in December so I'll have to put this on my *must stop* list! So much beautiful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful store. We would go crazy over all of the flowers and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check this place out. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! Thanks for the colorful inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite places to walk around. I take my dog and camera and enjoy. You did a great job with your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a New Leaf. It's my go to flower shop... my candle shop too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin