Friday, November 11, 2011

words worth reading


a favorite excerpt from "Dear John Letter to My 20s" by Erin Gates

One very important thing you’ve taught me Twenties, is that life is messy. It’s never the way you pictured it would be and it never will be. It might be better or it might be worse - or perhaps just totally, unexpectedly different.

You can’t predict how you’ll feel or what will happen tomorrow. I think the most important lesson you showed me, and late in the game at that, is that trying to mold my life using the strict rules and assumptions I set out with will never work and will only create hostility and unhappiness. I learned from you that the “not knowing” is what makes it beautiful and exciting.

But with that said, big changes, or maybe just small ones, await and I’m kind of psyched to see where they take me.

photo source

9 comments:

  1. Love this. Going for 25 and this pretty much sums it up so far ;)

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I'm 23 and letters like this always remind me to stay open and hopeful and remind me what's really important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Thanks for sharing. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great words; it helps us remember to embrace the messiness of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite series that you do. These words are so inspiring -- and definitely accurate of my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with Julia, this is my favorite series as well.


    What an inspiring quote! As someone who tends to plan out everything, I think I need to reread this a few more times.

    http://onestylishdayatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these words! They're perfect. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey..
    It just awesome.. these words are very touching and inspiring.. I love this series...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin