Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Brighter Days Ahead


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Thank you to everyone who commented yesterday on my goals for the year! It was exciting for me to see what all of you have planned and how many of us are hoping to accomplish similar things. Paris and cooking seem to be popular on the to-do list for 2012. Wouldn't it be fun to take a French cooking class in Paris? Le sigh...

A couple of you asked about goal #2: how I plan to incorporate brights into my home. It's a little tricky in that I don't plan on making any large purchases for my apartment this year (would rather save up for Paris), so the white and neutral furniture will be staying the same. This is where accessories come into play. The easiest and most affordable way to de-whiten my home are by incorporating colorful kitchenware, home accents like lighting and art, and bright textiles. And how spectacular would that brass pendant from Urban Outfitters look in my already color-saturated office (supes affordable to boot)? Speaking of which, I should add that as another little goal for the year: learn to switch out ceiling lights. Any tips or tutorials?

16 comments:

  1. Love your picks. I've decided that I want to get a few pieces for my home that are truly interesting, and color certainly catches my eye. I'm definitely thinking about purchasing a few of your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your picks! That pitcher if fabulous... would love it for our own kitchen! Need to focus on the rooms that we need to spend on for now though - bathroom and living room are top priority at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that golden pendant! Your collection is so bright and happy, exactly like today's winter surprise sun!
    Happy new year Alaina =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the current art you have in your living space. Maybe to add color you could change to colored mattes or even frames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need that brass pendant! but i dont know where. but i need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me so excited for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took a cooking class when we were in Paris about four years ago, and it was so fun! I always have the goal of going back to Paris... but I think 2012 will be too busy. Soon enough!

    I love these bright options. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are right to stick to brighter home accessories as they look so good against a white base. Still giggling about the cushion fiasco over email earlier, what am I like?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list I have been eyeing that brass pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you're already all over your resolutions!!

    www.chevronsandeclairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gold pendant from Urban Outfitters, and such a great price!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my the gold pendant rocks!

    xoxo
    http://acasadava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving that pendant & that chevron printed rug! These would all be great accents in your home!

    xx
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that rug and love the new pink in your logo ;) Happy New Year Alaina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that brass pendant is UH-MAZE-ING. I'm excited to see Casa de Alaina evolve!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin