Friday, January 27, 2012

words worth reading

A second tribute to the words of one of my favorite female writers, Nora Ephron

“The desire to get married is a basic and primal instinct in women. It's followed by another basic and primal instinct: the desire to be single again.”

“I married him against all evidence. I married him believing that marriage doesn't work, that love dies, that passion fades, and in so doing I became the kind of romantic only a cynic is truly capable of being.”

"I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." (When Harry Met Sally)

Read the first words worth reading dedicated to Nora Ephron here
Read all words worth reading here

Photo sources 1, 2, 3

22 comments:

  1. What beautiful quotes! I especially love the second one. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotes and images. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Harry Met Sally will always be one of my all time favorite movies. So sweet and adorable, yet so smart. I don't know what I'd do without Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm a sucker for love quotes and just got goose bumps. Could there being anything better than that When Harry Met Sally quote? Perfection. Love this series Alaina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful words. Have a wonderful weekend! xo -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. These quotes are so romantic and inspiring! Love them all!
    http://lindseyyoung.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just shared the first quote with a best friend that went through a tough time yesterday. Perfect timing, and I love it! It's so true. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That "When Harry Met Sally" quote still gives me chills. It will forever be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When Harry Met Sally is one of my all-time favorites. Nora is a goddess! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great quotes! have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh I love Nora Ephron! My fav is Sleepless in Seattle, everytime I think about the empire state building my heart can't help but skip a beat when they see each other as he gets off the elevator!

    I love this part in the movie when Jonah calls into the radio station...

    Doctor Marcia Fieldstone: Tell me what was so special about your wife?

    Sam Baldwin: Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these. As someone who got married when I was barely 24, I can attest that the first quote is certainly true. At the same time, I would never change my decision and my husband is the love of my life. I'm just grateful for my single memories :) (when i so badly wanted to be attached)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quotes. I get so caught up in the movies that I think I look past the words. She's great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these words! Gives me hope ;)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Alaina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love these quotes!!! have a great weekend!
    itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is definitely one of my favorite blog series -- love reading each post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI
    Really Fantastic posts in this post there are many information about what i need.
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the last one...can't get better than that! xo

    Kristina
    Nook & Sea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Everyone
    I should admit the entire article has been very enlightening and intensely well crafted. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin