Monday, January 2, 2012

NYE 2011 Revisited

Wow - what a week! I've regressed to the likeness of a lazy college student for the past seven days (we get the week between Christmas and New Year's off work). This of course means all productivity and motivation went out the window and was replaced by a constant stream of merriment and spirits. That being said, my roommate and I did throw one heck of a New Year's Eve party... so I guess I get some points there. Yes? Maybe?

We guess there were at least fifty people in our apartment Saturday night. It was chaos. And by chaos I mean it was awesome. We hung the mirror ball in the dining room, made some tasty appetizers including this Gruyere and chutney grilled cheese, stocked the fridge, and wore sparkles. What better way to ring in the New Year than with fifty of your closest friends? And by 'closest friends' I mean I didn't know most of the people in my home. I'm reading that as a great sign for 2012.

And based on this Morning After snapshot, all signs point to a good night.

If you're wondering where I scored the amazing gold sparkly table cloth, it's five yards of this "Confetti Dot" fabric from Joann Fabrics. I have no doubt I'll be reusing it time and time again.

How was your holiday? Excited to get back in the swing of things? I am!

14 comments:

  1. I'm a senior in college and am panicking that I won't get my lazy month off next year! Love that you at least had a week off. Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great night. We made a grown-up grilled cheese as well with Brie, Pears & Raspberry Jam! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, thanks for sharing about the tableloth, as soon as I saw it I was wondering! Are you still taking on clients for blog design? I could really use some help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the night was absolutely successful. I would have loved some grown up grilled cheese to ring in 2012. Your place looked perfect, and I am so looking forward to getting back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is ONE full fridge! I'd say all signs point to a good time. Can't believe it's 2012 already, but I have a feeling it's going to be a really awesome year. Best to you, Alaina!

    Kristina
    Something 2 Write About

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your New Year's looks like such a great time! Those grilled cheese sound really fancy and perfect to go along with a beautifully stocked fridge. I love all the sparkles! The husband and I had a low key New Year's and it was perfect. Exactly what I needed. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the disco ball! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used the exact same fabric for my NYE table cloth last year! Its perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got to wear that sparkly dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an amazing party! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing better than just enjoying yourself! Looks like your party was so much fun, and of course beautifully decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. some of the best parties are when you don't know the people coming in your door (but can also be some of the worsts - glad it worked out for the best in your case).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was lazy as well. I had grand plans to get all these projects around the house done and did almost nothing. We did gut most of our spare bath though (although hubby did most of the work!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goals are very similar to yours! I'd love to do something different with my hair as well. I've been sporting the same long, straight 'do since forever now.

    I looked back at your home post and I must say, your house is beautiful. I even pinned an image for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin