Monday, January 30, 2012

Restaurant Design Done Right

In preparation for the launch of The Everygirl, Danielle and I needed to get a photo of the two of us for the "About Us" page. Given the 25 degree temperature outdoors, we needed to shoot inside and wanted the location's decor to be both interesting and pretty. Because everyone has already seen inside our homes, we switched our mindset to shooting at a restaurant or coffee house. Cafe Kafka in Barcelona, pictured above, would have been the picture-perfect setting. Unfortunately, three round-trip plane tickets for us and our talented lady photographer, Maura Stoffer, just wasn't in the weekend budget. But we made due and settled on the über charming though slightly less posh local option: The Bourgeois Pig Cafe in Lincoln Park.

Like Cafe Kafka, it too has pressed tin, crown molding, bookshelves, mismatched chairs, unique lighting fixtures, not to mention some of the yummiest sandwiches in the city. Best part is it's right in our backdoor. Be sure to stop in next time you're visiting Chicago! And for my fellow Windy-City dwellers, if you haven't been, go. Today. You won't regret it!

19 comments:

  1. I love the name! Cafe Kafka sounds so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally where we met, miss Alaina! LOVE IT. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good location for a shoot! I just love trying out new restaurants, mostly to see the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bookshelf is so good, it, it's just pure bliss! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so charming! I will be in Chi-Town this weekend, so maybe I will stop by and check out the resturant.

    www.idesignlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love quaint and cozy little restaurants with a little bit of flair! Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to try this place- it looks amazing! And I can't wait to see how your photo turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, love both locations! I'm actually headed to Barcelona in three weeks, so I'll have to check out Cafe Kafka and report back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of this place! The mismatched orb lights, the chairs, the books-everything looks so inviting and charming. And good food too? I'm sold! Wish they had one here in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are absolutely right! That Barcelona cafe is gorgeous! Perfectly quirky yet sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, fun! I love Bourgeois Pig -- I live right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im going to Spain this summer and i MUST stop at that Barcelona cafe. Oh, and I'm so darn excited for The Everygirl to launch :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As beautiful as Cafe Kafka is, I love that you chose a Chicago location (with loads of personality). I'm getting seriously excited about checking out Everygirl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ill definitely check it out next time I go home!
    Cant wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Bourgeois Pig Cafe looks absolutely divine (although, I admit, Barcelona would be a slightly more alluring destination). I absolutely will put it on my list for the next Chicago trip! Congrats on the launch and wishing you continued success.

    www.lifeloveandluxury.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooooooow The Bourgeois Pig Cafe is so cozy and totally somewhere I could go to really blow off some steam. May have to visit when I go to Chicago one of these days (hopefully this fall)!

    Kristina
    Nook & Sea

    ReplyDelete
  17. My book club met at the Bourgeois Pig Cafe a couple months ago... it was my first time there, very cozy + yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that place! It is right across the street from my work and I love stopping in there for lunch.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin