Friday, January 20, 2012

Keeping Good on My New Year's Goal

No, I haven't booked my trip to Paris. And I kinda sorta haven't cooked a single thing (yet). But there is one New Year's goal I am rocking. #2 Add bright colors to my home and wardrobe. Behold...

1. When Handsome Will of Bright Bazaar posted these colorful chevron towels, I immediately clicked over to purchase. Unfortunately, they are from H&M Home - amazing store, doesn't ship to the States. Naturally. But no worries. I sent my friend Handsome Will a message, and he so kindly picked two up for me and sent them my way. My home is getting more colorful by the minute...
2. Second piece of evidence. I color-blocked a neon green sweater with hunter green pants over the weekend while I was running around Chicago working on a photo shoot for The Everygirl. It was fun, bright, and a little more out there than normal preppy Alaina would wear. [Pats self on back.]
3. Neon argyle socks?! Don't mind if I do.
4. Fun fact about me, I only drink water. And lattes. And wine. But sodas and juice just aren't my thang. I was pretty hooked on Diet Coke and Diet Iced Tea Snapple (peach flavor) for a while, until I realized they are chalk-full of cancer-causing aspartame. No thank you. And while I like a glass of OJ whenever I feel a cold coming on, it's just too sugary for me. Well, I recently I received a coupon to pick up a free bottle of Trop50, and after researching that it does NOT have any unhealthy artificial sweeteners, I figured why not? So readers, I'd like you to meet my new most favoritest drink. No aspartame. Half the sugar of usual Tropicana juices. And my favorite flavor - Raspberry Lemonade - comes in a perfectly happy and bright shade of pink. What's not to love?

In other news, Trop50 is actually running a fun campaign called True Resolutions. And the idea behind it is "What's the real reason for your new year's resolution?" Ya know, things like "I want to lose ten pounds... so I look amazing when I run into my ex," and "I want to start my own business... because I cannot stand the people I currently work with." Which led me to think... what are the real reasons for my five goals?


Well, I'll let you all in on a little secret. My place is being photographed for a print shelter magazine this year. I know. Whoa. But since photos of my apartment have circulated around the internet, I want to change it up as much as possible without going into crazy debt so that it looks different for this feature. And that my friends, is the REAL reason behind New Year's goal #2: adding more bright colors to my home.

What are the real reasons behind some of your new year's goals? Come on, we're all friends. You can be honest!

21 comments:

  1. Love the socks- and good luck with changing up the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hand towels are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you.. only water, wine and lattes... water mostly, wine in dinners and lattes for the road or friend gathering... the real reasons for my goals.. mm.. decorating my home... so that friends and readers can see it, probably like it and ask me to help them.. that is the reason behind one of my goals :) many others on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your boldness with that sweater! I don't know if I'd be able to pull that off, good for you! One of my goals is to become more organized, mainly because I really need it and want "clutter" out of my life. I'm headed towards my first job (which is why I'm really excited for The Everygirl to launch!) and I figure that organizing myself now will serve me well for the rest of my life, hence making me happier and less stressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the neon sweater with the hunter pants -- super lovely! The chevron towels are also to.die.for. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm indesparate need to add some color to my woredrob and home! I'm gonna have to try the Trop50...I'm addicted to Diet Coke and looking for a good alternative! Thanks for the tip!

    {lastyearoftwentysomething.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I just love this post. Could be the pretty colors in each picture or the insight into your personal life. Either way, I love it! Looking forward to seeing what The Everygirl has in store :)

    MyersMaison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr.Bazaar doing his bit for the colourful world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet is that Will for doing that for you, so nice!
    Congrats on the feature! And nop, I really don't have a secret agenda when it comes to New Years resolutions, my goal right now is to be in the top 3 at every race I run...I know I'm boring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool your home is getting photographed! I can't wait to see the feature. I love the hand towels and the argyle socks are so cute. I had a resolution to only have things in my home that are useful or that I think are beautiful-the real reason for that is because I shop WAY too much and I want to really think more carefully about my purchases! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those towels are so fun and lovely! I can't get enough of that Trop50 either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job sticking to your new years resolutions! you look cute as ever in that neon sweater!

    x.
    http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote this post on also making good: http://peanut-gallerie.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-good.html

    But why is it that I want to work out and get in really good shape? I want a new neon bikini for a Florida wedding wknd in May, and I can only do that when I've tightened up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What!?!? I had no idea there was an H&M home, too bad there's not one here :( Those are some fierce towels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see how you change up your apartment! And LOVE those chevron towels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! I think I will have to copy your goal and add more color into my life as well :)

    XX Kathryn

    http://lacoquettedelamode.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the upcoming photo shoot! I am mega-jealous that you were able to get those hand towels from H&M Home.. I really want the matching throw pillow! Cute green outfit, too!

    Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finally added some color to my life this weekend too!! Happy to report that I didn't pay full price for the items either. I have some in my closet, but now it's time to add it to my apartment! Love those towels, what a guy to send them to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alaina, my very best regards to you and Danielle with new project TEG. I hope everything goes better than you can imagine.

    Kisses and hugs from Sao Paulo, Brazil

    Carmen Martins

    ReplyDelete
  20. Add some Asti to that Trop50 Pink Lemonade, it's a refreshing little cocktail!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin