Wednesday, January 18, 2012

LCY Styles: Danielle Moss' Home Tour in Rue Magazine

So did you all read the new issue of Rue that came out yesterday, with a special focus on small spaces? You did? Oh, good.

So can we discuss 1. how flippin' adorable and lady-fied Danielle Moss' home is? and 2. how great it is having such talented friends like Bailey and Danielle, that when their homes get published, I get to be the one who helps style and fluff up the spaces so they're photo-ready for their grand debuts? It's awesome. Believe me I know this.

Ok, first, let's get the Pinning out of the way. Go on... get at it. You know you want to.

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that my inherently chic friend gave me a near perfect canvas to work off of; it was easy-pie working with the gold and girly accessories she had strewn about, adding flowers here and there (most of which came from Jayson Home and Garden - an excellent source if you're styling in the Chicago area!), arranging books and candles, and of course - adding my token green apples and a few other favorites to the space. How fantasmic are the wired shelves in her kitchen?! After arranging, rearranging, and rearranging some more, I think we settled on a near perfect mix of kitchen accessories, displayed just right. Notice the "Yours" and "Mine" chalkboard cruets? Cute, right? Yeah, I thought so.

And sidenote: if anyone is in the market for a knock-your-socks-off scented candle, the Archipelago Black Forest candle is just what you need. Seriously. Don't bother looking anywhere else.

Oh, and did you see the name of the Danielle's feature? The Everygirl. How apropos?

Always a good day when my name is spelled correctly!

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE the feature, Danielle's home is gorgeous and the styling is perfection. Especially the wire shelving, that is my favorite (mini Pellegrinos-so cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is so exciting; what a lovely space. You styled it beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This feature is breathtaking- your styling of her home is perfect & I will definitely be using this as inspiration for my new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feature was amazing! And your styling is always more than perfect! It gives the pictures that extra wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aside from completely loving the *entire* space, when I saw those amazing wire kitchen shelves and how they were beautifully styled I thought to myself, "Bravo, Alaina, bravo!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! I loved the feature in Rue. You did a great job styling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You Absolutely KILLED it!!! Come to my home puh-lease!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED seeing this in Rue! I also love that I've seen the space in real life and the pictures DO do it justice. Perfect styling, as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I checked it out last night.... loved it! Danielle's home is so pretty and feminine and bright! Beautiful styling...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful styling job my dear! Absolutely love every nook and cranny of that space. And yes, your name is a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this you did an amazing job styling, Danielle's home looks gorgeous!!

    xoxo  Katie Carlin-Daily Crush

    ReplyDelete
  12. these pictures are beyond amazing. where did you find those fun shelves above the desk? I have been looking for those exact shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! I love your styling techniques. Yes, I pinned away :)

    MyersMaison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can spell your name!

    Thank you for all your help with these lovely finishing touches. You are the BEST. My place wouldn't have been photo ready without you and I was kind of a mess. Definitely needed you there to keep me grounded. So nervous...for nothing. Story of my life.

    xoxo

    D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Danielle's apartment is to die for and you did such a great job styling, as always! I think I need to learn some of your tricks. I took a ton of photos of my apartment over the weekend (some are on my blog today) but I think they're missing that extra something. Maybe it's the green apples ;) ? Then again, an amateur photoshoot for my brand new blog doesn't quite warrant a trip to Jayson in the same way as a rue feature.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on some great styling, and what a beautiful home! Just came across your blog via Pinterest - will definitely be popping by again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely ADORED her feature, I could easily live in that apartment, so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! Danielle's apartment is so pretty, and so was the styling!! Fantastic job Alaina!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely! I love the duvet cover...headed over to check out the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cracked up where you said get to pinning. I was just about to get to it when I read it...oh well.

    Good job and beautiful job too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow!! I love those interiors and your great styling! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely job! it now makes sense why i loved that feature so much it Rue!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin