Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm busy vacationing.

Back to San Francisco I go for what should be a relaxing and if I do say so myself, well-deserved vacation. I'm normally glued to my computer screen for 10+ hours a day so I left my laptop at home to quell any temptation to do work or email or waste time on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/blogs/Perez/etc. Instead I packed a book. The Help. Have any of you read it? Probably. I'm always the last to read the best-sellers. I just finished Water for Elephants. I was thoroughly unimpressed by the predictable romance and overwhelming depressed by what becomes of the aging protagonist. I know you'll disagree with me. Everyone does. Anyway, the movie The Help is coming out soon so I need to finish the book before I go see it. It's a rule. And while I do that, feel free to enjoy these beautiful photos of the mystical city by the bay taken by Stone Candrall.

A brief update on my whereabouts and some more perty photos will post tomorrow instead of the usual Fashion vs Furnishings. At ease, stalkers. My whereabouts will be as vague as me saying I'm visiting the large city of San Francisco.

15 comments:

  1. i seem to never like the best sellers either..
    have an awesome time! its great to disconnect sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually liked Water for Elephants better than The Help (although I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed both). I'm surprised that everyone you know didn't like WfE as everyone I know who read it loved it! (When you're finished with The Help, check out The Elegance of the Hedgehog, the best book I read last year. So much beauty.)

    Enjoy San Fran! So smart to leave your laptop at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so glad to hear someone else didn't like Water for Elephants! I didn't either! I found it a little predictable and sad. Have so much fun being "technology free"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought water for elephants was pretty bad but the help is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! Water for Elephants was a total flop for me. Loved The Help though. Enjoy your vaca - definitely well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have so much fun!! Well-deserved indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading The Help now as well! Have a nice, well-deserved vacay ~ good for you for leaving the computer at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your vacation, friend! I dream of one day visiting San Fran so I await your travel report with baited breath.

    P.S. I'm currently reading The Carrie Diaries... so low brow, but it's a quilty treat after a long day at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the Help a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It's got a nice little girl-power theme, of which I am always a fan. It's definitely a good vacay read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah The Help is soooo good! I really enjoyed reading it and can't wait for the movie to come out (though movies are rarely as good as the book, I have high hopes with Emma Stone as Skeeter bc she is awesome)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great trip!!! I love SF. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy darling and enjoy The Help too, it's brilliant! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love SF!! But more importantly LOVE your blog :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're not alone! I read Water for Elephants a few years ago for a book club, and I wasn't impressed.

    Have fun in SF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, so jealous! I hope you're enjoying yourself thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin