Monday, May 16, 2011

Paradise Found: Carneros Inn Napa

Farm Restaurant at Carneros Inn

Boonfly Cafe
 

Carneros Inn Cottages 
photos below from Elements of Style

The number one list on my things to do in Napa was swing by the Carneros Inn and eat at FARM, the hotel's restaurant. After reading about the upscale, beautifully designed resort on Elements of Style, I haven't been able to get this wine-country paradise out of my mind. Fortunately, we were able to enjoy a delicious dinner at FARM - where the food was just as delicious as expected; I recommend the duck - as well as a quick bite to eat at the charming, red barn-like Boonfly Cafe. Go to Boonfly for breakfast but be sure to get there before 9am to avoid a wait.

As you can see, no detail was overlooked in designing this sprawling resort. Guest cottages come complete with state-of-the-art espresso machines, al fresco showers and baths on private patios, and designer furnishings. Notice the white Eames lounger in the room above. The restaurants are equally impressive from the eye-catching lighting fixtures to the distressed leather chairs at FARM and the bentwood seats at Boonfly. And in the garden outside the restaurant, guests can entertain themselves with a game of bocce or by renting a turquoise bike for a cruise around the valley.

I can only imagine what it would have been like to stay at Carneros and relax by that pool overlooking Napa. Although I doubt I'd ever leave the grounds and get out to see the wineries. How does anyone leave this place once they've checked in? Have any of you stayed here or visited? It's definitely worth stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! the red-orange coffee maker is so cool! greetings angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we've stayed there! and it is absolutely one of my favorite resorts ever. you're right about not one detail being overlooked. i don't think i've ever been more relaxed than when we stayed there (at the end of august, in 2009). and boonfly cafe is one of my favorite places to eat in napa - the fresh donuts! the cute mugs! and everything about the style and atmosphere is amazing. you should totally go back and stay a few nights! and at night, when the weather is perfect, sitting around the fire pits/fire sculpture (shown in your fourth picture) is so nice and relaxing. i didn't want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look amazing! I am DYING to go to Napa, I get so mad at myself that I haven't planned a trip yet. These pictures are a slap in the face to get out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this - must include on my list of places to check out. Next time I am up north for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never want to leave either! I absolutely love the look of FARM! So classy, just like the food. I definitely want to get out to Napa and check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh this look heavenly! I went to Napa a few years back, I wish I would have known about this place when I had gone. Oh well, I'll like vicariously through your pictures...and hopefully get back there sometime soon!
    www.SproutThroughConcrete.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that place. My husband works around the corner and love going to Boon Fly when I come to visit. You must go back and try their Bloody Mary- they serve it with a slice of bacon!! Seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i got married in Napa Valley and this was one of the first places I checked out online. It's gorgeous for sure but having a wedding there wasn't an option for us. It would be rather dreamy though if it were!

    You're making me so jealous being out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. went last year for a birthday party - drinks on the patio followed by dinner at boonfly. SPECTACULAR. Just having dinner there was like being on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! So nice when places put attention into the details of a space. This just looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the dashes of orange in these images is beautiful. a perfect contrast against the blues, whites and tans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a darling place, the pictures are lovely! there is something so charming about a red building

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin