Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sequins are the New Skinny Jean

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

You heard it hear first, folks. Sequins are the new skinny jeans. It's a trend we thought would be around for a season or two, and now, two years later, it shows no sign of stopping. Which makes me one happy lady because I love 'em. If you have yet to take the plunge because you were worried it would be a short-lived trend or found most sequin items to be overpriced (i.e. $300 for a skirt), Ann Taylor's got you covered. More than five new styles and a dozen colors are offered in these affordable, sparkly tanks. The colors and shimmer are subtle enough that they work for any age. Pair with denim or white bottoms, throw on a lightweight navy cardigan and your favorite flats, and you're good to go. Priced at $39 and $49, these dazzlers are sure to brighten up your summer nights and won't break the bank! 

13 comments:

  1. I got a cheap sequin tank from Target and I still haven't worn it! I need to bust that baby out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me loves!!! These are going to be great for work and for play!

    I bought a fab silver sequin mini last summer glad its still in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last little stripe number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I love sequins! Express has some cute ones too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. Ironically, I went there today and bought a sequin top--not one of the one's pictured, but ALL were great great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to hear about jenna!!!

    am attending an event tomorrow with maria pinto...

    let's share stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fine with me...I love anything that sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the sequins! And the bow shorts are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so in love with sequins - it may be perhaps the only innately feminine thing about me... and so needless to say, when sequins hit every store last season.... i was a kid in a candy store. love love love them.
    so fingers crossed they stay. nothing beats sequins at the office. literally.
    thanks for sharing - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It took me forever to give skinny jeans a try, and now I own two pairs and want a bunch more!! So in another season or two I'll probably be ready for sequins ;) I do live a pretty casual life (working at Whole Foods does not lead to much sequin wearing), but an inexpensive bit of sparkle would be good for the weekend.

    Love your blog-- I found a bunch of you Chicago bloggers after the Rockit meetup. Looking forward to reading future posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin