Monday, May 23, 2011

Treehouse for Grown-ups

The May/June issue of Chicago Home and Garden magazine features this three-level treehouse nestled on the grounds of Sugar Creek Township in Wisconsin. A group of local artists and designers joined efforts to create the spacious cabin in the sky. My favorite details include the oversized chandelier made of antlers that had been shed on the property and the bell jar lights hanging above the outside table. But the vintage furniture and art and the sleeping lofts make this space charming and practical. What a fun place to hide out for an afternoon or evening. How fun would it be to drink wine and play cards under the stars with some friends? Or grab a book on a rainy day and cozy up in the library loft? I think more grown-ups could use a treehouse in their lives.

Photo source

11 comments:

  1. I am obsessed - as grown-up now I still have an undying love for forts and treehouses - I would love to spending a weekend there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always dreamed of having a little club house of sorts, this space is so cool, tucked up in a tree like a loft. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! i would LOVE to have this in my backyard :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. library loft? are you kidding me? need to build my own treehouse. now!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that it even has a patio, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love, love, love to be able to spend a night in this treehouse. Such a cool location for a small gathering/drinks party...getting down might be hard after though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous!! This is such a fun house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree--this are awesome! I love all of the natural light and view of the trees! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just died a little bit inside. Why this isn't a part of my life, I do not know. I WANT IT!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin