Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Here's to the crazy ones..."

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently - they're not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

"And the thing is, we all know we're going to die in one way or another.
Today could be my last day. Will I be proud of how I spent it? When I leave here, what did I leave behind, what did I contribute, how will I be remembered? It is a humbling thought. I'd like to think that I try to treat my days with respect and not squander them away on bullshit that doesn't really matter, but the truth is, I take too much for granted, even when trying to appreciate the moments that I might regret wasting.
3 years ago I lost my Grandfather rather abruptly and the following year my aunt. I nearly lost my mother before them and this week alone I've found out that two people very close to me have been diagnosed with Cancer. 
Whether it happens tomorrow, next week or a year from now, life is short. Make it count."
-Steve Jobs


I wouldn't be able to do what I do if it weren't for the innovations that came from Steve Jobs' brilliance. So sad the world will no longer have him pushing the boundaries on ideas once thought to be impossible, and inspiring millions of creatives, techies, and businessmen every day around the world.

8 comments:

  1. The world truly has lost such a visionary- adore this quote of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we can hear that quote enough....truly, truly words to live by. Perhaps his greatest legacy is not only his creations but, his words, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the most inspiring posts ive seen about Steve Jobs! inspirational

    http://thechicclassmate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a moving and inspirational quote. Love it--and thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tribute!

    http://threadtheneedleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. He made a simple fruit into an innovation.

    www.chevronsandeclairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this quote/speech just made my day/week!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin