Friday, October 21, 2011

Pretty Please Help Me Find These Shelves

The stark contrast of these natural wood shelves against a white wall has always left an impression on me. It's such a clean, rustic look, and I've thought about recreating a similar scene in my own home.

Then I saw the exact same thing in my local Starbucks - excuse the blurry iPhone photo - and now I'm convinced. I need this! Two short reclaimed wooden shelves with white pottery pieces stacked on top to nestle above my kitchen sink. Oh so good.

So readers, anyone have a suggestion or source for where I can find something similar? I'm clearly not looking in the right places nor do I know what to Google search. Help!

UPDATE: I'm an idiot.
So it turns out West Elm has exactly what I'm looking for! Mission accomplished. But if you are interested in this look, a few readers gave some great tips in the comment section. Thanks for everyone's help!

10 comments:

  1. Ikea has some good wood shelve similar to these! And they're not too expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used these with a client:
    http://www.elmwoodreclaimedtimber.com/wood.aspx?pgID=2689&gclid=CP-Tm8vG1KoCFYmK4AodUjrfzA

    Also this shop has unfinished shelves that can easily be stained/distressed.
    http://www.oldvirginiahome.com/servlet/the-Specialties-cln-Floating-Shelves/Categories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way it looks, but I have no idea where to get them! Crate and Barrel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful pieces! You'd think it wouldn't be so tricky to find reclaimed wood. Maybe you could find an old piece and deconstruct it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you have local salvage stores near you? buy some old wood - even floor boards. even find a local carpenter and ask if he can do it. Might even be cheaper and a much more custom look. - BOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these, especially the floating version in the first image. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome find! They're perfect:) West Elm never lets me down. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. The wood shelves are clean and rustic. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw the first photo and was going to suggest starbucks...& then I scrolled down.

    Great minds.

    See you Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. WE bought cheap cheap pine and made a rustic coffee table when we first moved into our house. It looks really similar to these shelves. There is great resources out there for staining cheap cheap pine, it takes a lot of steps but it's worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin