Thursday, October 20, 2011

LCY Styles on Refinery29: One Room, Two Ways

I was so excited to work with Refinery29 on my latest project: styling the typical awkwardly small Chicago bedroom two ways to make it useful. I used my teensy home office as the stage and restyled it to show how the same space could work as a functional dressing room and closet.

(click side-by-side to view larger)

 // TAKE ONE: the office //
Get the Look
vertical bookshelf | print | lamp | pillow

 // TAKE TWO: the dressing room //
rug | moroccan pouf | lamp | garment rack

See more photos and my tips on styling both spaces over at Refinery29 today! 

16 comments:

  1. Love the shoes on the bookshelf, cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a dressing room! Love your pics, both rooms look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, are you going to keep it this way for a little while? I love that it's glamourous yet welcoming and girly in such a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work! congrats on the collaboration Alaina!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your blog for a while now and have loved everything about your super inspiring office. But who knew it could also be such a phenomenal dressing room! The book shelf as a shoe/handbag display is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the feature on refinery29 and it was so stylish. Here in San Francisco we have the same problems of small, awkwardly shaped rooms in old Victorians. Its nice to see different solutions for the lack of space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite posts are of your house or designs! It's just so good! I could look at them for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the feature! I love both rooms, esp. that dark wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for the bookshelf with the clutch & shoes. Some items are just that gorgeous and should be displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just noticed the NOLA souvenirs (Sucre bag, Royal St. Sign) in your office! Come back and do my apartment while you're here? xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I LOVE them!!!

    Anna
    http://www.anewfoundtreasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both versions look gorgeous! Love the open rack and wall flowers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin