Monday, October 17, 2011

LA Eats

As you all know, I spent this past weekend in LA with my best friends. The weather, the shopping, the hotel, and the scenery were all beautiful. But my favorite part about the sunny yet equally smog-filled city was the food. Everything we ate was so fresh! And colorful! And delicious! True, it was expensive beyond all reason - a beer would set you back $9 - but it was amazing nonetheless. Here are a few of the tasty treats I enjoyed while there. We also had dinner at Fig and Olive, which was beyond, but it was too dark to photograph anything. Of everywhere we went though, I'd have to say the Urth Cafe was my favorite. We enjoyed lunch there when we drove out to Santa Monica, and the portobello panini was out of this world. I highly recommend it if any of you are visiting LA some time soon!

 
Toast on Third
goat cheese, spinach and avocado omelette
cottage cheese and fresh fruit
granola and yogurt

The Ivy
swordfish with mushroom pasta
papaya and shrimp salad

Beverly Hills Hotel
soy latte with cinnamon biscuit

 Urth Cafe in Santa Monica
portobello panini (favorite meal of the trip)
grilled vegetable sandwich with a side of hummus

In-N-Out
cheeseburger with grilled onions and a side of fries

11 comments:

  1. Yum! All of that food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Everything looks great. CA does have awesome food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great foodie weekend. Hope your week is off to a good start. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nom nom nom... looks like a weekend full of great food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starving now... what a delicious post! XO

    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh noo Alaina! I just had dinner and Im salivating! looks like a yummy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those breakfasts look sooo good! And I just had a bowl of plain cereal.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! When I ever finally make it out to CA I will definitely take your suggestions! It all looks delish :) Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad for your good luck in LA! Everything looks gorgeous and delicious! Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!!! Looks like a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I'm officially starving and suffering from LA withdrawal! Love all the deliciousness going on in this post :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin