Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Prettiest Country Wedding on the Prettiest of Days

I had to share some snapshots from the country wedding I attended last Friday. My cousin and his wife could not have chosen a more beautiful spot for their charming October nuptials. St. James Farm in Warrenville, Illinois is about an hour outside the city and boasts rolling hills, tree-lined gravel paths, white fences and yellow barns. The ceremony itself took place under a canopy of trees in the late afternoon. Thanks to the perfect weather and setting sun, the land and sky around us seemed to glow, making the moment even more romantic and beautiful than it otherwise would have been. I am excited to say the bride DID in fact wear cowboy boots, as I had hoped she would! And I was obsessed with my cousins' bridesmaids dresses; they were burgundy satin cinched with black ribbons and embroidered brooches along the waist. And the yellow bouquets they carried added the perfect contrast.

And before any of you ask, it was not just my immediate family wearing all black, it was in fact our entire side of the ceremony. Not sure why, but I found it funny.

16 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I'm loving your outfit! And I see you did not go with wedges or flats! You brave soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the prettiest bridesmaids dresses I've seen in a long time. And I agree, I love the contrast of the flowers with the dresses. Oh, and I also love your nude pumpls! What a beautiful wedding!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like perfection. You can't beat early Autumn afternoon light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some of these on facebook and I was in awe. So beautiful. What a perfect setting for a lovely occasion. You look adorable as usual. Don't miss my giveaway from Nescafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! I was going to ask about the sea of black in the audience, too funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous photos - it really does look like the prettiest Fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous day, color palette, bride & goom, everything! i would so get married in the fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The venue looks gorgeous!! That is hilarious that you all wore black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how beautiful! You looked gorgeous!

    www.chevronsandeclairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wedding! Of course you look so classic and amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing the pic. Looking at them confirmed just why I love the Fall some much. Everyone in the wedding party looks great and so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this!!! Drew and I are so lucky to have had such a wonderful day spent with such wonderful friends and family. We REALLY lucked out weather wise! I do hope your feet survived the long walk, bless you for doing it in heels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looked like a perfect day for a fall wedding!! I enjoyed looking at your pictures!!! It looks like everyone had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin