Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?


If you've perused the April issue of House Beautiful, then you already know the topic on everyone's minds: wood. I thought I'd share my favorite feature with you before all the images surface on HB's website and congest the blogosphere (thank you, new scanner - Hoo ra!).

Photographed by the talented Ditte Isager, the April issue home I love best starts on page 88 and is entitled, "The New Look of Wood is Washed."

Here's the rundown.

The designers/homeowners: Harriet Maxwell MacDonald & Andrew Corrie
The location: Shelter Island, New York
Their store: Ochre in NYC

The chairs: Hans Wegner's 1949 wishbone chair
This is me coveting: Gimme! Gimme!

The office: I think any workspace that isn't at least slightly disheveled is lying to itself.

The sofa: from his bachelor-days, slip-covered over.
Brilliant.

The dog: Blue, an English whippet. This lil guy's fast. He deserves a breather on that gorgeous sette.

The colors: I've never seen so much pink and blue outside a hospital nursery. And I love it.

The view: that's it. I'll be there for the 4th of July.

I could provide a detailed source list of the items in all these images, but I did that for my own home, and quite frankly, it takes too long. I'm sure it will all be on HB's site shortly, at which point, I'll link to it. : )

So. Any thoughts on this humble abode?

*all photos by Ditte Isager for House Beautiful*

10 comments:

  1. The chairs = amazing... and love the pastel colors!!! My colors.
    Lovely.
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-NOrth Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love House Beautiful. The outside setting is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the house,all the washed wood makes it appear soft and inviting, it looks so cozy. On another note, I have been searching to buy a new scanner. Which did you buy? I'd like to buy one that I know has good reviews. Email me if you can! Thank you, Jill

    jrsaksa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, very cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all the colors for this issue of House Beautiful! The photo that they used as the cover is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I relished this issue and this feature! These are the colors that I love. I would love to get my hands on that kitchen table...love it!

    ~jamilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cozy and oh so simple space!!
    I love the wooden walls and the simple furnishings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to second with everyone's opinion, it's simply beautiful. Looks very classy but not boring. Gives a country home a new look.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin