Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicago's Randolph Street Antique Market

This weekend was one of those perfect summer weekends in Chicago that make the long, cold winters worth it. Saturday afternoon, I attended the Randolph Street Market with some girlfriends - including Danielle, Alex, and Shari - and enjoyed the live music, great food, and rows and rows and rows of antiques, vintage fashion, and salvaged finds.

My friend and I did not know what those teal, translucent orbs were, but we liked them. I imagine they could be fashioned into some unique, eye-catching pendant lights.

But instead of acquiring any new loot for my apt, I was on the jewelry tables like white on rice. Like I said, I love bracelets, so I spent most of my time trying various baubles on my wrists. But the large selection of affordable brooches caught my eye also. I wear a decent amount of white button downs and blazers, so these colorful nuggets would add the perfect amount of panache to my otherwise simple ensembles.
I came home giddy with a blush pink Juliana bracelet circa 1960 and this fun vintage cocktail ring. It's a pineapple! How fun is that?! The perfect accessory for any hostess.

The next Randolph Street Market is July 30-31 and it's located at the west end of the Randolph Street strip in the West Loop. Valet parking is offered, as well as free furniture delivery throughout Chicago! Crazy awesome, right? I'll likely be there again on July 30, and I strongly encourage all of you to come out!

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad i missed this one! marking my calendar for next time! xoxo jillian:: stop by! i'm hosting a jewelry giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much amazing stuff! the spools of string in the suitcase? gasm! love the cocktail ring - that's my go-to piece of jewelry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed this! It looks like there was a ton of great stuff. Thanks for the heads up on the next one, will definitely try to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD - i so wish i lived there - this is UNREAL - amazing finds!!!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika at ~Tiptoe Butterfly~


    LAST DAY Bloggers to stop by and enter~Light as a Feather necklace GIVEAWAY~ it’s an almost $50 value!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect day! You had some great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos- I would have loved it there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bracelet is gorgeous and if I were in the Chicago area I'd definitely be hitting it up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of those chairs would look so so great reupholstered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I lived in Chicago, so I could come out on July 30. It looks like a great selection of furniture and jewelry! You had some great finds... I love the bracelet and ring!

    Caroline
    http://charmingcoutureblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, one of these months I'm going to actually make it to this market. Every time I see pictures they are filled with so much stuff I would like, but I forget about it until it's too late. Maybe July will be my month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads up! I am living in the Chicago suburb and I will try to make it this coming July. I spotted ton of great stuffs particularly the white turfed headboards and those mid century modern chairs! Great blog, a new follower!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like great stuff! I'd be all over those Eames (knockoff?) recliners.

    The teal orbs are old floats - you can find them in like a 5 inch size up to I think 2 feet. The small ones would rim a fishing net and the larger ones I think were more like buoys. My mom collects the little ones and has always wanted a really big one. Early 20th century. Google "glass floats" and probably find out more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin