Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sprucing Up My Boudoir

The time has come. The time for an all-out, uber-feminine boudoir. I've ditched the dark grey duvet and shams and am ready to embrace a girly makeover using greys and white with hints of blush pink. 

I adore the feminine glam of these two rooms so I'm using them as the inspiration. Only difference is there will be more grey and less pink. So the first big purchase I'd like to make is the headboard. Make it a proper grown-up bedroom. The three below are all contenders:

1 // Tufted linen headboard in sandstone, Nate Berkus for HSN

2 // Tufted velvet headboard in grey, Nate Berkus for HSN

3 // Wood cutout headboard in white, West Elm

I know the third option looks a little plain in comparison, and truth be told, I'm definitely leaning toward an upholstered headboard, but I fell in love with the West Elm option when it was in No Strings Attached. Hmm.. maybe it looks so cool because it's a king-size frame. Interesting...

I'm thinking of adding a simple white duvet that won't break the bank like this organic matelassé from West Elm.

Plus I'll be snatching up one of the last sets of pillowcases in Blush Pink from Restoration Hardware. Why they are no longer carrying this color is beyond me. It's so pretty!

I'll top it off with a pink cableknit throw, and I'll be good to go!

So, knowing what you now know, I'd like your help!



If any of you know where I can find a more affordable pink throw, please send it my way!

11 comments:

  1. Love this color scheme! I'm an Overstock lover to the core... check out these I found for you...

    This has romantic, feminine all over it:
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Lulu-Faux-Fur-Throw/5313807/product.html

    And this one would be oh-so cuddly...
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ava-Pelted-Throw/4853868/product.html


    Good luck! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the first headboard! i always forget about HSN.. i need to check out their stuff. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for the gray, simply because it is gorgeous, but the top one looked like it leaned more toward peachy which I don't think will look good with the whisper of pink, which I love!!!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to see the finished project! Your inspiration looks absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for the gray because I think it will go well with the softer tones of the pink. Fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa i guess everyone loves the linen headboard! i voted for white because it's just more versatile, and i feel like those tufted headboards are a little too trendy right now and won't have the lasting power of a simple white. but that's just me :) can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My choice was your choice, the wooden cut out, the reason being is that I think the fabric headboard which is very nice will "date" much quicker. I love the pink and grey combination. Feminine but not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a gray headboard and regret the purchase. If I could do it again...I'd pick a white tufted.

    With that being said...my choice is the wood frame. It's beautiful and very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any color scheme that incorporates cream or blush hues is my cup of tea. Though your "before" room photo looks stunning, I totally get your design itch. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gray headboard- will look great with touches of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ballard Design also has some great upholstered headboards that are pretty affordable. I simply adore your taste, can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin