Monday, May 31, 2010

The Birdcage


Sorry this post is so delayed, and it's not very detailed - but if you don't follow me on Twitter or Facebook, then you haven't seen my beautiful new antique birdcage. I bought it on Saturday at the Randolph Street Flea Market downtown - for a whoppin' $38! A lot of the items at the market were a bit pricier than I'd expect from a flea market, but I was sold on this item. I am in love with the color and the shape. I also purchased an antler (which I'd been wanting for months) and an antique watering can for my back deck.

FYI Chicagoans, the market runs one weekend a month throughout the year! I definitely recommend going! I'll post more pictures tomorrow. Today is a vaca day, after all!

9 comments:

  1. I got an antler there too this weekend. Please tell me you didnt get your for under $40... There was sooo much amazing stuff!

    www.thingsthatsparkleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! the color is great!! fabulous find sweetie!! And looove your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!! the color is great!! fabulous find sweetie!! And looove your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASB: Hah actually I DID get mine for under $40. I paid $10 for that one! I saw the $40 ones though... they were gorgeous! But I thought that price was a bit steep for something an animal sheds, so I wakled a few booths over and saw a guy was selling smaller ones for $10 a pop. I was sold!

    Helena: Thank you! The dress is seriously the MOST comfortable thing in the world. I'm in love with it and would wear it every day if I thought no one would notice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the birdcage, especially the color! Great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your finds! I agree- that dress is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the birdcage. I cannot wait to go to the Randolph Street Market! Once I saw your post on Facebook I googled it. Sounds amazing. Too bad that I will miss June and July. But -- I will be there for August! Planning on going with Crystal. Hopefully you can join us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your birdcage! I bought a similar one from Target last year and I have a candle burning it in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So crazy, but I just bought this same birdcage this weekend at an estate sale here in Nashville for $30 bucks! I was super excited about it:)

    greenhillsgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin