Monday, May 17, 2010

Chicago Bloggers Soirée

Frankie Valli said it best when he said, "Oh, what a night!" The personable, talented, and stylish group that joined Jess, Crystal, and I at Sunda this past Saturday night for a Chicago Bloggers Soirée were as fabulous and friendly as I imagined! They were just what you'd expect from a group of style-savvy bloggers.

You see, when Crystal and I met at the SFERRA event a few weeks ago, we discussed the need for a Chicago blogger meet-up like so many other cities have done (yes, I'm referring to you Boston, Houston, and DC). We sent an email to Jess Constable of Jess LC fame asking if she'd co-host, and a few weeks later and a resoundingly positive response to our invite, we met, we laughed, we drank, and I fell in love. Seriously. It was exactly how I always pictured it - instant friends and kindred spirits. Everyone bringing their unique talents and ideas to the round cocktail table, and I cannot wait for the sequel.

If you know of other bloggers nearby, I highly recommend meeting up. It's really a unique and fun experience. We're already planning June's soirée, and I cannot wait!

Here are a few photos from the evening!
from left to right: Brigitte of Covet Chicago, David of The Dailey Dish, Kelly (David's fabulously fashionable guest and future blogger if my Tarot cards are correct), Rachel of The Style Social, Jess of Makeunder My Life, Crystal of Plush Palate, Bailey of Peppermint Bliss, yours truly, Diane of A Spot of Whimsy, and Nicole of Making It Lovely



Smile! You're on Candid Camera!
Love those shots!

I was excited to design the evite. Surprise, surprise: GREY!

And I cannot complete this post without mentioning the four-star, high-five, jaw-dropping-gorgeous, balls-to-the-wall, AMAZING venue: Sunda.
The downtown restaurant and lounge was designed by world-renowned Tony Chi. According to Sunda's website, the restaurant boasts "red travertine marble to French-polished black bamboo; Sunda showcases a clean, modern aesthetic while retaining a connection to its primary function - that of a gathering place for guests to enjoy great food and socialize in a pleasurable environment." And oh man the food... SO delish. Particularly this first dish pictured below, which we did order. If you go, remember these three words: Rock. Shrimp. Tempura.

Write that down. Seriously. You think I'm kidding, I'm not.


AND thanks to the very generous Billy Dec (founder and CEO of Rockit Ranch Productions), for helping us get last-minute reservations for a party of 10+ on a Saturday night AND for the complimentary desserts we received, like this scrumpdiddlyumptious concoction...

All in all, it was a wonderous success, and I cannot wait for June's blogger soirée!

*images from David, Crystal, Bailey, myself, and Sunda*

12 comments:

  1. I had a ball! Thanks for co-hosting with me lady! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like an amazing evening and you all look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! And, you all look great. I want to come to Chicago and hang out with all of the cool bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun!! and yes you all do look amazing!! and I love the invitation Alaina!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw how fun! So many fabulous bloggers in Chi-town :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how nice for everyone to get together and meet each other! Let me know if there is ever a meeting in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a fabulous event! I love meeting up with fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I come in June? Pretty Please :)
    Looks like such a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in for the next soiree!
    www.materialgirlsblog.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin