Thursday, May 13, 2010

If you're in NYC today and tomorrow...


...be sure to stop by the West Elm on Broadway at 62nd St. to witness complete, fantastical brilliance! The multi-talented event producer David Stark has assembled a Flower Shoppe entirely out of paper. And not just any paper. No, no. That would be wasteful. These are the pages of old books. Say what?!? I know. You heard me right. Pages. Of. Old. Books.

It's things like this that make me want to pack up my apartment, grab Nate and the dogs, and trek off to NYC with all the other dreamers, artists, and money-grubbers (clearly I'd fall into the two former categories - I'm thrifty, remember?).

So, what are you waiting for?! Go!! The display will only be up today and tomorrow! And grab a jute cube while you're there. You won't regret it.



The Flower Shoppe in the West Elm on Broadway
I want a yellow house with black and white awnings surrounded by flowers. Is that too much to ask for?

David Stark in his paper creation.

*all images via West Elm*

6 comments:

  1. That is all made of paper??? That's bananas!! How cool! I would love to go if I was in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sad I'm missing this...NY is so close, but yet so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I can't belive they are all made of paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic. I would love to attend.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Amazing!! Thanks for inspiring!! Best, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. he has just upped the ante with my origami skills. So cool!!!Wish I could touch them, but live to far.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin