Monday, May 3, 2010

Pretty in Pink


I am sure many of you are familiar with the wildly popular blog Making It Lovely. But if you are not, the charming and inspiring site is written by fellow Chicagoan and graphic/interior design maven, Nicole Balch, and it proudly showcases the author's not-so-secret love affair with the color pink. Her home office, studio, living, and dining rooms are saturated with the feminine hue and make me embrace my inner-girly-girl (which admittedly is quite notable as it is). And because it's Monday and I know you all enjoy a good before and after as much as the next design junkie, let's take a look around Nicole's uber girly living room...

Before
(wide doorway on right wall leads to dining room)

After
Notice how the iconic Eames lounge chair and Madeline Weinrib zig zag rug add a contemporary flair to this otherwise vintage-styled room.

Before

After
I spy a bit of Anthropologie here and a touch of Anthropologie there.

Before

After
Perfectly pink.

So riddle me this, readers. Would anyone else's husband/boyfriend mind a pink living space? I know Nicole gets asked this all the time, and the answer is, her husband doesn't care. That's right. A man lives in this home, too. Bet ya didn't see that one coming.

*all images via*

9 comments:

  1. I love Nicole's style. I think my husband would be okay with a little pink but not a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole's blog was my first one to read, absolutely adorable and her home is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pink rug!

    And, I can honestly say I could put pink all over the house and my husband wouldn't notice ;) That's what I love about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is subtle pink, he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Anthro chair! My guy would'nt go for it. I haven't seen her blog....will check it out though for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rug and chair! Normally pink is confined to my office area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eames lounge chair...divine! Great lamps too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color but doesn't scream pink. I am sure most men wouldn't notice the pink! Really great room!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha no way! My husband is a self-proclaimed metro when it comes to clothes and hygiene, yet he DESPISES any type of "girly" decor. Although Nicole clearly has a gift of making pink somehow seem gender-neutral!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin