Tuesday, May 25, 2010

They're Baaaaack: SATC2 Premieres in NYC

I don't know what's more exciting, fixating on the clothes in the movie or seeing the bevy of designer pieces the stars wear as they sashay along red carpet after red carpet premiering their new flick. Well, ok, probably the former, but I loved seeing the foursome's red carpet looks last time around and am eager to see what they wear for the sequel's many international premieres. Last night was a great start as Parker, Davis, Cattrall, and Nixon debuted their new flick in NYC.

Pint-sized Sarah Jessica Parker rocked this neon yellow one shoulder Valentino. Her blonde waves and stacked diamond bracelets were the perfect accents to this loud piece. She couldn't have found a better dress if you ask me.

Kristin Davis sported a Jean Desses for Decades chiffon gown, and I am in looove with this shade of pink. So summery, feminine, and I'm convinced it would look good with any color hair (if said hair is set atop bronzed skin).

Kim Cattrall in Naeem Khan. She is 53, people. 53!!!! I need to start doing pilates.

Cynthia Nixon wore a lovely Carolina Herrera that fit her like a glove, but this look couldn't be less SATC. A safe LBD (in this case, long black dress)? Save that for a boring cocktail party in Poughkeepsie, not the NYC premiere of a fashion-focused film!

Candace Bushnell. Stick to writing. Hire a stylist.
p.s. props on the shoes


So whose look would you most want to steal?
I'm sure you all know what I would've gone with, and if not, read through here for clues.

*photos via*

16 comments:

  1. I'm so excited, I think the second is going to be much better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Is that a Peter Pan collar on Candace Bushnell? Yikes. SJP and Cattrall knocked it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace...you look like a total geek.
    LOVE SJP in that yellow, and KD in the pink...I was SO excited for this from the previews, then this morning whilst watching my Vh1 video jumpstart they showed an extended scene that just seemed...really stale...I am keeping my hopes up though! At least it will be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the looks seem a little safe. They all look beautiful, but it is very safe. Kim Cattrall is certainly a siren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to say it but I'm not crazy about any of these looks... they all feel sort of safe to me, but I guess I would say SJP's is my favorite... KD's dress is absolutely BORING.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. All 4 of the SATC ladies look GORGEOUS. Loving SJP's dress the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually I am a SJP fan and nothing can top her, but WOW Kim you look fabulous and I'm not even factoring in the age for more points...I am 52 and can say I don't think I ever looked that good! Way to go Kim...
    Great post

    ReplyDelete
  8. SJP for sure. Although, I look bad in yellow. And pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post- I am so excited for Thursday! I'll have to go with Kristin Davis' for my favorite look. She is always so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw Candace Bushnell at a book signing, and she is stunning...what was she thinking wearing that outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll go with Kim's dress, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pink + tan. Problem is, right now I'm a bit pink myself from the sudden Chi-town sun. So I'd have to go yellow SJP for now, pink KD dress for July ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait! I would love to meet up while I am in chicago next month. I emailed Crystal about putting something together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have no interest in SATC Part 2. The HBO series was well written and very clever and now they're milking it big time! Like the gowns though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Candice Bushnell is embarrassing! I am floored by how great Kim Cattrall looks. Amazing period. Not just for 53!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin