Friday, October 2, 2009

Don't Shoot the Messenger

I cannot get enough of messenger bags and am eager to get my hands on one of my own. They are just so practical: hands-free and roomy enough for all the crap us females tote around on a daily basis. They're everywhere this season (but never really go out of style).

Style icon SJP in the role of messenger.
Michelle Williams and cutie daughter, Matilda, both sporting messengers.
Two of my favorite leading ladies: Anniston and Gyllenhaal. Why doesn't it surprise me they both have black leather?

Antik Batik Wallice Bag or the Lauren Merkin Diana Bubble clutch - not technically messengers, these cross-body bags offer the perfect solution to free your hands when out at night
Cleobella mini bag - a mini messenger!
Tory Burch messenger - with studs. This and the J.Crew Lexi are my favorites.
Burberry - I normally abhor large doses of the iconic plaid, and instead prefer seeing it in the details (scarf, gloves, inside lining of a jacket), but this bag is super cute. I think because it's in black rather than the tan and red, mass-produced eyesore.

Men Can be Messengers Too
Hey, if Brad Pitt does it...
...and George Clooney can do it.
Why can't the guy in your life? Love it.
Target messenger bag - affordable and fits a laptop
Affordable. This is the bag the bf got in tan - shown above.
Not as affordable, but hey, it's leather.
Not even a tiny bit affordable. Just pretty to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin