Monday, October 5, 2009

"Surprise!!!!" Followed by tears of joy: This is the E! True Hollywood story of My 24th.

It's my birthday so I am taking the lazy way out on today's post. I just want to say a big "thank you!!!!!" to everyone who came out to celebrate. It was the most surprising birthday party in surprise party history, thanks to the hard work of my wonderful boyfriend and one of my very best friends.

The Ingredients to an Unforgettable Birthday
The night began as a double date with sushi - oh so delish - at Shine in Lincoln Park. I was led to believe no one could make it out (working late, rain, tired, traffic, more lame excuses, etc.) and was pretty sad because as I posted on Friday, this was my first birthday back in Chicago in 5 years. But I was rolling with it...

After dinner we went to a bar to grab cocktails and celebrate. To my delight, a resounding "SURPRISE!!!!" awaited me. Taken aback, I looked around to see family and friends clapping and laughing, proud that they collaboratively pulled off such a big secret. My mom even made it out! I'm not going to lie, there were tears. I was so proud and so thankful to have such an amazing group of people in my life.
The night also included a room at the W with this amazing view of Navy Pier and the Lake. Good thing I love rain.
If you've never driven down Lake Shore Drive, you are missing out.
Loved this fab bathroom with Bliss products...
...and a rainhead shower.
Oh, and did I mention our room had a tripod lamp?
...and that the lobby had arc lamps? I mean come on. I blogged about this days ago. I must be psychic.
And today will continue with lots of cuddling courtesy of Tucker and Fiona.
Perfection.
24, I salute you!

2 comments:

  1. How fun this sounds! Lucky girl... The photo of your dogs made me smile. I used to have a basset hound named Tucker and my fiance and I have always said we want to name our first daugher "Fiona." : )
    XX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sooo much fun! I can't believe the surprise actually worked but I'm glad it did...OBVI!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin