Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh, how regal!

One of my best girlfriends is obsessed with the color purple. I've always liked lilac tones, but we're talking deep, romantic, regal purple. She loves it, particularly in clothes, accessories, shoes. A week or so ago, I saw this living room posted on another blog (I'm thinking it was Matters of Style or Chic Coles), and emailed it to her immediately knowing she'd love the purple-patterned chairs. I then set out in search of purple hues used in other interior design. I was surprised at the number of pictures I found; below is just a selection. Apparently a lot of people love purple. And it works! Whether you decide to paint the walls, ceiling, or just add a piece of furniture or accent throw, purple adds a romantic, warm richness to a room. Perfect for these fall and winter days.
















***Stay tuned for tomorrow's post on where to get the purple look for less!

1 comment:

  1. Such a regal post!!! I do say, my favorite is the purple ceiling. It's subtle yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin