Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"It tastes like PINK!"

A couple things to discuss.

1. Last night's episode of Glee was hands down my favorite episode since the pilot. I was laughing nonstop at all the great, ridiculous but insightful dialogue, including:

"Like the pop artist Ke - dollar sign - ha." - Principal Figgins
"Do you mean Ke$ha?" - Will Schuester

or Finn's analysis of drunk females that went something like this:
"Girls fall into certain archetypes when they get drunk... exhibit A, we have the weepy, hysterical drunk; then there's the angry girl drunk; the girl-who-turns-into-a-stripper drunk; the happy girl drunk; and finally, we come full circle to you, Rachel Berry, the needy girl drunk."

I think we can all relate.

or when Kurt explains to Rachel, "Blaine is the first in a long line of conflicted men that you will date that will later turn out to be only the most flaming of homosexuals."

and my favorite line from last night that came from the mouth of Miss Rachel Berry as she sipped (chugged) her wine cooler and exclaimed, "It tastes like PINK!"

Which brings me to my second point. I. LOVE. PINK.

It's as though I'm seeing this delicious color for the first time. It's everywhere - interiors, fashion, accessories, graphic design - and I want it in my life. Nay. I need it in my life.

But I don't love just any pink. There's hot pink, salmon pink, coral, and many other various shades... but no. These are not the pinks that do it for me. I like pink that whispers in your ear. That makes you feel as sweet and feminine and it looks. A blush pink, if you will. Behold.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

18 comments:

  1. I am with you 100%... that Glee was amazing- I was dying laughing out loud to myself! Loving all the pink, thanks for the post, it made me giggle again hearing the quotes from last night's episode :)

    abodelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glee was Ah-mah-zing last night! I loved it oh so much. And, yes, pink is such a wonderful color. I tend to go for the brighter pinks more towards the fuchsia category, but these are all so lovely!

    ps I am SO HAPPY your sister's dog made it home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVED last night's Glee. Definitely the best in awhile! I agree on the Pink, loving the publicity this color has seen lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, best epsiode of glee ever -- I want them to be drunk more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glee was quite amusing last night! Better than the Beiber episode for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good episode. Finn's descriptions were ridiculously true! And pink is pretty much my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED Glee last night! The drunk girl analysis was exactly right! And I'm a huge lover of pink too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I instantly knew what your headline was referencing! Such a great episode. Beautiful pink pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this post! beautiful images, my dear. was also very pleased with glee last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to go to that pink restuarant RIGHT NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I missed it. I'll watch it on dvr tonight. I'm with you on the pink, only I love all shades !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love pink! And all shades! By the way, did you see that One Kings Lane has gold flatware for sale? $85 for a 36-piece set with tray from Cambridge Silversmiths. http://tinyurl.com/4k9es4l I know you've been considering gold flatware for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove pink too! I tell everyone that it's my favorite color and they think I'm being stereotypical because I'm a girl...whatever lol.

    I just recently found your blog and I wanted to tell you that it inspired me to start my own! So thank you :)

    stephasfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pink! Gorgeous photos.

    I am still on season 1 of glee. Late in the game :) But -- last night heard one of my favorite lines.

    Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks? - Brittany :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great, great, GREAT post :>) I spent way too much time on my iphone texting quotes to my girlfriends tuesday night from what is now one of my favorite episodes of Glee!

    And these pictures are pure perfection ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the best Glee episodes yet. I was laughing the whole time! Principal Figgins cracks me up. That gray puke kinda freaked me out, though.

    www.turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. alaina! i love your blog and read it daily as a 20-something waiting to get her own apartment some time (hopefully) soon! i was so pleasantly surprised to see you use a gorgeous image from emma magazine -- i work at "emma" and know you would just love everything inside of that issue as well as you like the blush pink outside!! xx abby

    ReplyDelete
  18. i want that vespa!! so happy danielle from breakfast at toast told me to stop by :) now following! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin