Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Christmas! My own answers to the Kindred Spirit survey...

I know, I know.
I have been inundating the LCY homepage with Kindred Spirit posts. But I hope you had as much fun reading them as I had posting them! Here is ONE FINAL post because I know some of you asked what my answers were to these funky holiday questions. Here they are:

1. My home isn't decorated for the holidays until...
the Christmas tree is up! Many of our ornaments are from school projects my siblings and I did when we were young: glitter, styrofoam, pipe cleaners... but we also have a collection of Christopher Radko's and Lenox annual ornaments that are just breathtaking. The mix of fancy and chachka, old and new are what make it really special. Isn't it magical?

2. My holiday spirit soars when I hear the song...
usually it's Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song," but since Allison from Matters of Style said that, I am going with two of my favorites by Sarah McLachlan: "The River" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" - a duet with the Barenaked Ladies.

3. If I had to be anywhere but home on Christmas, it would be...
in Richmond, VA with Nathan and his family. Or London. I'd always be happy in London.

4. My favorite Live Creating Yourself holiday blog post was...
other than the series of Kindred Spirits posts (which are my faaavorite), I'd say Call me Crafty is at the top of my list. The post documented my attempt to create miniature snow globes after seeing beautiful snow globes on Anthropologie's website. Sadly, they did not make it more than 24 hours before the figurines started detaching themselves. I am thinking of filing a lawsuit against Krazy Glue to get my $2.49 back... thoughts?

5. My favorite non-LCY holiday blog post was...
Lauren of Pure Style Home's Christmas at Our House post. Hands down. Her decorating is amaaaazing. I am inspired by nearly everything she does. If you have some downtime today (say you're digesting between meals), give yourself a Christmas present by checking it out!

6. The number one gift on my wish list this year is...
for Nathan to move to Chicago. Oh wait. He is!!
So I guess I'd say the rest of the Coralie Bickford-Smith Penguin Classics.

And in the Christmas spirit, I'd like to say
Thank You...
  • to my Kindred Spirits for taking the time to participate in a fun, holiday survey
  • to my family for always being there & supporting me for as long as I can remember
  • to my best girlfriends for making me laugh time and time again
  • to my Nathan for loving me so much he's moving halfway across the country
  • to my puppies who make me smile every day
  • to my readers. Without you, I wouldn't be here...
Happy Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Alaina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your Kindred spirits postings. Kept me in a holiday spirit. What was the outcome of your scrapebook for Nana -- on your twitter blog. Hope your new year will be healthy with all your wishes in your new apartment. Keep us posted with the remodeling, decorating and your move in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrapbook went over very well, thank you! I will definitely keep everyone posted on the apartment... it's getting done slowly but surely. The big move will be Tuesday. Fingers crossed it's not blizzarding like it did today!

    Cheers,
    Alaina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin