Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Kindred Spirits Countdown to Christmas: Heather of Habitually Chic


On the 2nd day 'til Christmas, we meet Heather of Habitually Chic:
Ever seen You've Got Mail? Well, it's one of my top two favorite films of all time (along with Pride & Prejudice). In addition to it's fabulous cheesiness and Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks' charming chemistry, I love it because it makes me want to live in New York City like nothing else ever has. That is until I found Habitually Chic. Written by Heather Clawson - freelance writer, interior designer, and fellow You've Got Mail junkie - Habitually Chic is constantly on the up-and-up of stylish happenings around NYC. What makes it even better is that Heather knows most of the people she writes about and attends pretty much all of the events she highlights. Fashion shows at Bergdorfs? Book signings with Kelly Wearstler? Trudging along the snowy sidewalks snapping photos of beautiful West Village brownstones (see photo above)? Yes, please! So here's a glance at how one habitually chic New Yorker celebrates the holidays...


1. My home isn't decorated for the holidays until...
I make pomanders and visit the flower district in New York for holiday greenery and flowers. Since I don't have a fireplace or room for a full-size Christmas tree, I decorate my television armoire as if it were a mantle and add holiday touches elsewhere.

2. My holiday spirit soars when I hear the song...
"Christmas Time is Here" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio. A Charlie Brown Christmas contains all my favorite holiday songs!

3. If I had to be anywhere but home on the holidays, it would be...
the beach! I've had enough cold and snowy white Christmases. I'm ready for a warm white sand Christmas!

4. My favorite Habitually Chic holiday blog post was...
the Silver and Sage post from last December. I love holiday decorations that aren't the traditional red and green!

5. My favorite non-HC holiday blog post was...
Maison21's Faking it is Glamorous post from 2007, I think it was about the time that I found Christian's blog, and I loved his white fake Christmas tree. It was very glamorous and chic and a great way to decorate for the holidays in LA.

6. The number one gift on my wish list this year is...
a vacation! I am looking forward to having some time off to relax and not work this Christmas. That said, I wouldn't mind finding a Chanel 2.55 handbag under the tree!

Thanks, Heather!

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Alaina, I just found you via Heather's blog... great interview!!! Love your blog!!! Hope you'll stop by and see mine soon!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't we all love a Chanel bag under the tree?! Love Heather's answers and LOVE LCY---you never dissapoint Alaina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post and I love the white tree!! Also, if Santa is handing out Chanel bags can someone please direct him to my house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Love that white tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! that's my tree! :-)

    great interview with heather- she is not only a fab blogger and talented designer, but a sweet person, and even better friend. glad she's introduced me to your blog as well.

    have a happy holiday!

    christian aka m21

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I've had so much fun doing this and learning about everyone's holiday traditions. Glad you're all enjoying it!

    Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog; also found via Heather. Merry Christmas. . . . .and a very Happy New Year all of 2010! Annie from CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also found you via Heather - great minds really must have the same taste! I look forward to reading more!

    Merry Christmas!

    SuSu

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin