Monday, December 21, 2009

New Apartment sneak peak: living room/dining room

After three in a row, I am taking a little break from Kindred Spirits. But no worries, another will post at 3pm today!

Instead, I thought I'd give you an update of my apartment. As you may recall, it looked like the following three photos when I signed the lease. Fortunately, the landlord already had a contractor doing some work on the place, so they let me pick out the new paint color for the interior walls. I went with a light grey - Behr's Dolphin Fin to be exact (swatch shown at end of post). When I walked into the apartment last week and saw the finished result, my face lit up like a kid's on Christmas morning. I looooooooove it. Love. Love. Love. Oh, and did I mention I LOVE IT?! (Please excuse the awful lighting fixtures. They are staying, and there ain't nothing I can do about it.)

Before...
view of dining room from living room

view of living room from dining room

dining room upon entering the apartment, living room on right

and now!
dining room - so much brighter! (despite being shot in the daylight)

view of dining room from living room

view of living room from dining room
I love how much more the two rooms flow together. I want this to be more of one great room for entertaining, rather than separate rooms. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

and my favorite shot: the living room bay windows!
*my new office is that door on the right

To add a teensy bit more detail to the sneak peak I last showed you here (along with my neutral-palette inspiration for this space), here is an expanded snippet of what the room will feature. Included is my newest obsession - the mirrored wall sconces from West Elm - Christmas gifts from two of my dearest. Thank you, thank you!

I know the room is looking a tad West Elm/IKEA weighted... but that's because I'm dealing with online photos. I can't wait to show you the revamped chairs and table for the dining room - both CraigsList purchases. All in good time, my pretties... all in good time.

8 comments:

  1. it looks fantastic - I am loving the soft grey as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog via City Girl Chicago! I'll definitely pop back here again - I love your site :) Your apartment looks like it's coming together really well. I love simple colour pallets like that - it makes the room look so bright and spacious. How great are your interconnecting rooms? I'd love that set up in my own apartment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to see the work in progress- loving the wall color. It looks so nice against the white trim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks Amazing! I can't wait to see it when you move in. How exciting! The new gray is my favorite and it looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautimous, my friend! I am so into the gray walls lately. They look amazing with the wood floors. I can't wait until summer vacation when I have time to freshen up the walls in my house with new paint. *writes down Dolphin Fin to remember* Can't wait to see more pics as you move in and get settled. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing! I love the color you selected. I can't wait to see it how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing you changed the olive-painted wall to Behr's Dolphin Fin shade. I can't wait to see how it'll look like after you have purchased the chairs and table.

    living room chairs for sale

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Danielle. The gray walls look really amazing with the wood floors. Did you just clean the floor or you also treated it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin