Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kindred Spirits Countdown to Christmas: Cara of City Girl Chicago


On the 5th day til Christmas, we meet Cara of City Girl Chicago:
Calling all Chicagoans! News update! I have found another Chicago blogger! While we are few and far between compared to the bevy of style bloggers in other cities like NYC, DC, Boston, and San Fran, us Chicago bloggers have to stick together. Hence, I am introducing you to City Girl Chicago. With style tips and news & reviews on art shows, events, and restaurants around the city (including a personal fav, Mon Ami Gabi, which I've also blogged about), Cara is in the know and gives great tips. So check her out if you're a reader in this frigid, snow-covered region!

1. My home isn't decorated for the holidays until...
my husband nags me too! And I have to explain, I love holiday decorations and decorating, I'm just a life-long procrastinator and my husband keeps me on track. The day after Thanksgiving, he's after me.
*image from Country Living*

2. My holiday spirit soars when I hear the song....
hmm, good question! "All I Want for Christmas is You" is pretty much on like a broken-record here, but so is "Joy to The World" - haha, two totally different spectrums I know, but both classics in my eyes!

3. If I had to be anywhere but home on Christmas, it would be...
can my grandma's home count as an answer? I was in Costa Rica one year and it was so bizarre to me, to not be home.
*image from Country Living*

4. (if applicable) My favorite CCG holiday blog post was...
would have to be Christmas Cocktails! (so far) I just love putting glammed up looks together.

5. My favorite non-CCG holiday blog post was...
All of A Cup of Jo's gift guide posts. She basically did my shopping for me this year (thanks Jo!)

6. The number one gift on my wish list this year is....
oof - another good question! I haven't given this much thought oddly enough, my family doesn't really put together wish lists, we pick out gifts for each other based on the other 364 days of the year (what we hear they want / like / etc) - it can be more challenging sometimes, but it makes you focus on the gifts you give, and I'm always happy with the gifts I receive! Now, that being said, there is a bib necklace I have been eyeing at Etsy for quite some time now ; )
Thanks, Cara!

Kindred Spirits will post again at 3pm EST today, so check back!

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun to be a part of this series! I am loving learning about more bloggers with similar interests and inspiring ideas. Check out the "thank you" I posted on CGC pointing readers to check out this Kindred Spirits series!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin