Thursday, December 24, 2009

Kindred Spirits Countdown to Christmas: Melissa of Chic Coles


And the LAST day 'til Christmas, we meet Melissa of Chic Coles:
Last but certainly not least, I'd like to introduce you to the Cole gals of Chic Coles, a mother and two daughters located all around the country (CT, CA, and LA). The Coles were the first to make me feel officially part of the blogosphere; they were the first fellow bloggers to comment at LCY, they awarded me two of the blogger awards you see in the left-hand-column, added me to their blog roll, and for all these things, I want to "thank you." Who knows if I'd still be blogging without the hope they gave me back when I thought my mom and boyfriend were my only readers. They are a thoughtful, talented (check out their interior design portfolio here), and stylish group, and I wish all of them a Merry Christmas! And thank you to Melissa - a Cole gal living in New Orleans - who took the time to fill out the Kindred Spirit survey. Enjoy the fondu! Hopefully we'll get to see pictures of your tree!


1. My home isn't decorated for the holidays until...
we are all home together. We have a tradition of eating a fondu dinner while we decorate the Christmas tree.

2. My holiday spirit soars when I hear the song...
in all honesty, I like any of the Taylor Swift/Britney Spears/Mariah Carey Christmas music.
*editor's note: none of these artists' Christmas songs were available on Lala. So sorry!

3. If I had to be anywhere but home on Christmas, it would be...
with my very good friends in New Orleans.

4. My favorite Chic Coles holiday blog post was...
the "Holiday Advent Calendar" post. I am obsessed with advent calendars and I love the pictures we found!

5. My favorite non-Chic Coles holiday blog post was...
the House of Turquoise's "Turquoise Holiday Decor" post where she featured turquoise inspired holiday decorations. It is such a chic look that it is my favorite!

6. The number one gift on my wish list this year is...

Thanks, Melissa!

1 comment:

  1. Alaina,

    I cannot tell you how thoughtful your words are! This was such a great idea and we are so excited to have been apart of it! We are so glad that you have continued to blog and we appreciate all of your comments and that you read our blog! Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin