Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Kindred Spirits Countdown to Christmas: Erin of Elements of Style


On the 3rd day 'til Christmas, we meet Erin of Elements of Style:
Much like Alicia Bock's photography, Erin Gates' name has repeatedly been mentioned on Live Creating Yourself. That is because Elements of Style was the first design blog I began reading, two years ago to be exact, after a google search for 'Carrie Bradshaw's apartment' landed me on a post of hers that I have since read ten+ times. Erin began her now wildly successful blog just before making the leap into independent business owner of her interior design firm, Element Interiors. (You can check out her new work pad here. Congrats!) She's witty, funny, stylish, and I blame her for my climbing credit card bill over the past year because of all the fabulous items she's introduced me to that I just had to have (Fabricadabra pillows, Alicia Bock photography, sapien spine bookcases to name a few). So readers, here's your chance to get to know the gal that got me hooked on blogs.


1. My home isn't decorated for the holidays until...
the tree is up. My husband is obsessed with the Christmas tree. It’s honestly a consideration when purchasing a home for us - where will the tree go?!
*editor's note: this is not Erin's tree, but she happen to post today that she loves it

2. My holiday spirit soars when I hear the song...
“Baby It’s Cold Outside,” such a classic.

3. If I had to be anywhere but home on Christmas, it would be...
on a beach somewhere really, really warm! I am so over the cold already and could see myself being totally happy celebrating christmas with a pina colada and sunscreen.

4. My favorite EoS holiday blog post was...
my gift guides. People seem to love them a really use them to purchase gifts. I like to try to find items that are unique and yet really affordable since we’re all feeling pain from the economy this year.

5. My favorite non-EoS holiday blog post was...
I really love anything Joanna Goddard [of A Cup of Jo] does, but particularly her uber-charming gift guides this year.

6. The number one gift on my wish list this year is...
a laptop for my business so I can blog and work from anywhere!

Thanks, Erin!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin