Monday, December 21, 2009

Kindred Spirits Countdown to Christmas: Alicia of Bloom, Grow, Love


On the 4th day 'til Christmas, we meet Alicia of Bloom, Grow, Love:
Pop quiz: who is my favorite photographer as made evident here, here, here, and here?

That's right: it's the talented Alicia Bock, blogger behind Bloom, Grow, Love. Alicia was the first Artist Snapshot post I did back in July - just days after starting LCY - and her name and work has continuously popped up time and time again on this blog. Why? Because my goal in life is that one day, everyone will have an Alicia Bock photograph somewhere in their home. Ok, maybe it's not quite so extreme. But I have yet to find someone who doesn't love her work, and I know you will too. So who is the artist behind this lens? Let's meet Alicia.


1. My home isn't decorated for the holidays until...
my mom arrives from Florida. I don't do much actual holiday decorating. Our house is so small we can barely squeeze in a tree. But, having a house full of laughter, and my mom's fabulous food always makes it feel special.
*Crimson by Alicia Bock*

2. My holiday spirit soars when I hear the song...
for a minute I thought I should write in a more classic song... but I can't deny, I have a fondness for "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey.

3. If I had to be anywhere but home at Christmas, it would be...
in a cozy cottage on the Oregon coast.

4. (if applicable) My favorite Bloom, Grow, Love holiday blog post was...
From last year, when our family went out to brunch on what had to be the most miserably cold morning of the year. I feel cold just looking at this. But, impressed by our determination to stick with the plan.
*A December by Alicia Bock*

5. My favorite non-BGL holiday blog post was...
I love Mrs. French's inspiring posts on SFGIRLBYBAY. Last week's was especially lovely.
*photo by Kane Longden*

6. The number one gift on my wish list this year is...
an airplane ticket is always at the top.
*Fly Free by Alicia Bock*

Thanks, Alicia!

3 comments:

  1. I love Alicia Bock. Her photography is amazing. You have picked some very talented women to feature over the past few days. What a great idea to let us into their lives and see a glimpse of what their Christmas is like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad you featured Alicia Bock! she is honestly one of my favorite photographers from around the area....her work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading little details like this! Great post, I'm a new reader going to explore your blog now. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin