Thursday, December 24, 2009

Kindred Spirits Countdown to Christmas: Allison of Matters of Style


On the LAST day 'til Christmas, we meet Allison of Matters of Style:
Matters of Style was one of the first blogs I began reading after starting LCY this past June. The blogging duo - made up of Allison, located in DC, and Sarah, located in Charlotte - keep things interesting with their wide array of post topics. Store tours, shopping guides, CraigsList finds, inspirational interiors, and my personal favorite, their own DIY projects, always leave me wanting more. They have a great eye for finding beautiful knickknacks and making them beautiful - all at a low cost. One of my favorites is the nailhead nightstand pictured above, but another great project was the fab red desk they made over. And while you're checking out MoS, make sure to read up on the wonderful nursery Sarah just put together for her new baby boy. Congrats, Sarah! Oh and check out their store for unique vintage finds! I'm telling you - these girls do it all! Buuuut before you go, let's see what Allison says about the holidays...


1. My home isn't decorated for the holidays until...
there are enough decorations to sustain the Christmas shenanigans of my two insatiably curious cats. Every year I find ornaments removed from the tree and hidden in unlikely places.

2. My holiday spirit soars when I hear the song...
"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole. It's on a CD that my mom has played every Christmas for as long as I can remember and hearing it brings back a lot of happy Christmas memories.
*editor's note: this is my favorite holiday song also, so you can see which runner-up tune I chose tomorrow

3. If I had to be anywhere but home on the holidays, it would be...
somewhere snowy... maybe Jackson Hole, Wyoming? I've spent every single Christmas in Florida and have never once had a white Christmas, so I'd love to experience some winter weather.

4. My favorite Matters of Style holiday blog post was...
a little recap of my own holiday decorating since I'm particularly proud of how the wreath over the mirror and the fireplace garland turned out.
*editor's note: those beautiful ikat stockings were made by Sarah of MoS Charlotte! I want one! or two... or three...


5. My favorite non-MOS holiday blog post was...
Aesthetic Oiseau's post about Mary McDonald's peacock feathers and oranges decorating scheme. The peacock feathers are just so breathtakingly original.

6. The number one gift on my wish list this year is...
A digital SLR camera and some lessons on how to use it so I can finally work on improving my photography skills. Although something tells me I will probably have to give it to myself!

Thanks, Allison!

Our FINAL Kindred Spirit will be posting at NOON EST TODAY!

And believe it or not, I WILL be posting tomorrow with a recap of our holiday decorations and my own answers to the survey.
Merry Christmas, everyone! And for those of you who do not celebrate Christmas, I wish a Happy Holidays to you and yours - whatever holiday that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin